Recycling Facts -- Chinet
Chinet® Recycling Facts
Huhtamaki recognizes the importance of sustainable environmental programs. We are working to develop policies and programs designed for long-term results and excellence. Leading the charge is our Foodservice division.
Below are some of our best practices.
- Huhtamaki’s molded fiber products, including Chinet® tableware, use no virgin wood fiber
- Chinet® tableware uses 100 percent post-industrial recycled fiber
- Strongholder™ rough molded fiber beverage carriers and trays contain 100 percent post-consumer recycled fiber (used newsprint)
- ServiceWare® products, including trays, bowls, plates, and circles, contain 100 percent post-industrial recycled fiber (scrap collected from the manufacture of other paper products)
- All Huhtamaki molded fiber products, including Chinet® tableware, are certified biodegradable
- All Huhtamaki molded fiber products meet ASTM D6868 and are intended to be composted in a municipal or commercial facility operated in accordance with best composting management practices — check to see if such a facility exists in your community
- Huhtamaki recycles the by-products of the manufacturing process including thousands of tons of poly resins gleaned from the post-industrial recycled materials used to manufacture Chinet® tableware
- Huhtamaki purchases paperboard for our cups only from manufacturers that employ a bleaching process that does not use elemental chlorine and is certified as non-detect for dioxins
Print this page