Global Food Contact Manager, Finland
We are currently looking for a Global Food Contact Manager to join our Corporate Responsibility team in Espoo, Finland.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Responsibility, the Global Food Contact Manager guides and engages with Huhtamaki’s Food Contact networks on global level. Food safety, mastery of food contact materials and regulations is of fundamental importance to the success of Huhtamaki, a global leader in food and beverage packaging.
Based in our headquarters in Espoo, Finland, the Global Food Contact and will engage with the relevant colleagues in the business segments to motivate, share best practices and improve performance within the practical limits of our production sites. Therefore, the role requires outstanding influencing and interpersonal skills, strong team leadership skills, political sensitivity, and excellent project management skills. We are looking for a person with an extrovert, action-oriented attitude.
The role requires advanced knowledge and working experience of food contact materials, food/product safety and related regulations and standards. We prefer hands-on experience gained in international industrial companies.
It would be an advantage if the person fulfilling this role also has knowledge and working experience of Occupational Health & Safety practices, standards and procedures. There is a Health & Safety network in Huhtamaki which is similar to the Food Contact network, and this could be managed by the same person.
The Global Food Contact Manager should exemplify Huhtamaki’s values: “We treat our world with respect”, “We know our business” and “We like to get it done”.
Key responsibility areas
- Engage with the global Food Contact team, e.g. leading team meetings, setting direction in collaboration with the business segments, ensuring the network is always aware of all relevant regulatory developments, ensuring the processes and systems are in place to be compliant whilst maximizing efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Engage with customers on the topic of Food Contact upon request.
- Contribute to innovation projects with Food Contact expertise upon request.
- Report progress to the Head of Corporate Responsibility, the Global Executive Team, and act as the subject expert for reports such as the annual Corporate Responsibility Report.
- Depending on the candidate experience, guide and engage with the global
- Occupational Health & Safety network: e.g. organizing meetings, project managing the implementation of the new global OHS Procedures, developing an overview of best practices and tools, developing a new approach to KPIs, developing an OHS audit program.
The requirements for a suitable candidate are
- Advanced knowledge and working experience of food contact materials, food/product safety and related regulations and standards
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in an international industrial company
- Experience from a commercial packaging, recycling or FMCG business, ideally with an understanding of paperboard and/or laminate materials
- Master’s level degree, preferably within chemistry, chemical technology, or another discipline relevant to the topic of food contact materials
- Excellent project management, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and working experience of Occupational Health & Safety practices, standards and procedures is seen as an advantage
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority and across cultures
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Positive mindset and eagerness to work in a truly international environment
- Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, Power Point, Word)
We offer a position in an international environment and an opportunity to join a small team in a dynamic and successful business within Huhtamaki with opportunities for continuous development.
For further information please contact Head of Corporate Responsibility Wouter van Tol at +447387022525 on February 20 between 9-12 AM or on February 21 between 9-12 AM Finnish time.
The work starts upon agreement and working location will be Espoo, Finland. Please send your application with salary request and an informative CV in English through the link below no later than March 3, 2019.
The recruitment process is managed by Lotta Lehtipuu (firstname.lastname@example.org) from HR4.