Process Engineer, Northern Ireland
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Process Engineer to join our engineering team in Huhtamaki Lurgan Limited based in Dollingstown, Northern Ireland.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Process Engineer will lead the process function as part of the wider engineering team and will be responsible for developing & implementing innovative process improvements & NPD, focusing on quality, efficiency process stability. This will include:
- Driving the implementation of new & improved processes within operational functions of the business
- Resourcing machinery and new technologies to support capital expenditure strategy
- Identifying and recording process variation that could have potential effect on products and taking corrective action and preventative actions working within a team environment to provide solutions
- Responding to technical issues & finding creative solutions to improve production reliability & efficiency
- Monitoring & optimising the process to improve process reliability
- Identifying, managing & leading improvement projects
- Maintaining compliance with legislation pertinent to the process & liaise with an external regulatory body as required
- Participating & attending business segment European meetings to share process knowledge & best practice
- Conducting and organising studies on new and existing equipment and analyse data for process improvement
- Delivering on process improvements through continuous improvement projects.
In this role you will have the freedom & support to develop new processes & products. Working on days you will be supported by strong mechanical, design, electrical & automation teams and will have the opportunity travel & participate in global process expert teams. Technical training will be provided in Autocad, Paper Technology, Beckhoff IPC and computational fluid dynamics software such as Comsol, Ansys and Autodesk Nastron.
The successful candidate should possess a third level qualification in chemical / mechanical engineering and be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience of change management, process improvement, utilisation of continuous / business improvement techniques
- Have a proven track record performing in a high volume, pressurised environment
- Have well developed inter-personal and communication skills; and
- Have drive, energy & determination to achieve goals
We are looking for someone who has high aspirations, strives to exceed goals and seeks ways to improve overall performance levels resulting in business success.
For the right candidate, this role represents a significant opportunity for collaborative team working, learning & development and career progression in a dynamic and exciting new environment. You will also have the support & training to lead multi-million pound projects & process developments.
This is a great opportunity to develop your personal, professional & technical skills and experience.
Benefits include: Competitive salary, company pension scheme, sick pay scheme, bonus payments and employers for childcare voucher scheme.
Those wishing to apply for this position, please apply here
Completed applications should be returned by 5.00 pm on Friday, 25 January 2019