Sustainability Manager, United Kingdom
Foodservice Europe-Asia-Oceania (Foodservice EAO) is one of Huhtamaki Group's four business segments. Our foodservice business operates in more than 20 countries across Europe, Asia, Middle-East, Oceania and South Africa. Our paper and plastic disposable tableware is supplied to foodservice operators, fast food restaurants and coffee shops.
Our Foodservice Europe Asia Oceania segment is now looking for a committed and passionate
Sustainability Manager, Foodservice Europe
Sustainability Manager, Foodservice Europe will provide leadership and support in the area of sustainability to the business units of Foodservice Europe. As Sustainability manager, Foodservice Europe, you will lead the development and execution of broad-based industry facing sustainability programs, initiate best practice sharing, market-based development initiatives and represent the company through key stakeholder groups, internally and externally. You will focus on addressing key issues within the UK and European markets where the current industry position is being challenged through the political and NGO’s agendas. As Sustainability Manager, Foodservice Europe, you will also ensure that the company’s sustainability activities and credentials enhance business performance and support the long-term interests of the company.
While Gosport is the preferred location, other locations within the UK can be considered.
The main responsibilities include
- Implement and develop FS Europe sustainability roadmap encompassing product, people, profit and planet. Develop business cases to address sustainability issues. Serve as an internal contact point for sustainability, monitoring emerging trends, programs and issues.
- Identify and prioritize areas for product and market sustainability efforts and recommend strategies for pro-actively addressing relevant sustainability issues. Support commercial teams by building sustainability programs in conjunction with Global and Local Key Account Managers and business units, into short and long-range business/ customer specific programs and sector-wide activity such as intervention programs.
- Build effective partnerships with external organizations to support Huhtamaki’s sustainability efforts. Work with industry bodies to deliver initiatives that support Huhtamaki’s agenda. Act as the interface with agreed agencies, government, local authority, NGO and trade bodies, relating to the company’s responses to questions or statements of position on sustainability related matters.
- Using previous experience and knowledge build Huhtamaki’s relationships within the field of waste management and recycling to understand, communicate and develop opportunities for increased recovery and recycling of Foodservice packaging.
- Measure and monitor progress against sustainability strategies, objectives and business performance.
The requirements for a suitable candidate are
- In-depth knowledge and experience of waste management and recycling systems and infrastructure
- Proven experience in implementing sustainability programs to support improved organizational performance
- Strong project management, presentation and influencing skills to all levels of an organization as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Working knowledge of the legislative framework (especially UK and Europe) regarding sustainable and economic development
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or MBA in a relevant discipline or 3+ years’ work experience in a related field.
For further information please contact Richard Ali, Sustainability Director Foodservice EAO at +44 7387 261412 (or email@example.com).
The recruitment process is managed by Terhi Sysipuro (firstname.lastname@example.org) from HR4.
The work starts upon agreement. Please apply no later than February 10, 2019.