A small paper mill in southern Bavaria formed the basis for our more than 430 years of packaging history. From this same location, in Ronsberg Germany, our innovative products are made, which can now be found throughout the world. What was once a supplier to local dairies has become an international market and technology leader for flexible packaging materials – as well as the world’s leading manufacturer of tube laminates, retortable stand-up pouches and soup cube packaging. We can offer all your required technologies under one roof. Starting with our Prepress, going to gravure printing where we can also offer in-house laquer and ink production. With all aspects of print controlled in house we achieve the highest possible print quality for our customers’ products. Following printing, products are sent to lamination or coating where we offer bespoke solutions for your needs, using solvent free, solvent based, glue or extrusion lamination/coating. Our last production step is the winding and packing. Did you know that around 17 trucks are leaving Huhtamaki Ronsberg everyday with packaging material.
We are proud of our history, which inspires us to keep our tradition of innovation and excellence alive into the future.
- 1585 Establishment of the Ronsberg paper mill
- 1886 Parchment production for butter and cheese packaging
- 1910 First wax lamination
- 1937 Incorporation in the Unilever Group
- 1950 First Gravure printing press ; 130 employees
- 1985 Electro-mechanical cylinder engraving replaces the chemical etching process; 726 employees
- 1992 Van Leer acquires the 4P Group
- 1999 Huhtamaki takes over Van Leer
Today: With around 1.000 employees Huhtamaki Ronsberg is one of the leading packaging suppliers