Huhtamaki PPL Ltd
We discover, innovate and produce flexible packaging solutions for brands that are a part of everyday life all around the world.
A pioneer in packaging for more than 80 years
Huhtamaki PPL Ltd (HPPL), a leading consumer packaging company is known for its pioneering efforts in flexible packaging since 1935.
Huhtamaki PPL Ltd (HPPL) is India’s leading manufacturer of primary consumer packaging and labelling materials with annual consolidated Euro 300 million. It is the largest manufacturer in volume of finished flexible packaging in the larger Africa - India - Asia Pacific region excluding Japan.
In mid 1999 HPPL became a member of Huhtamaki Packaging Worldwide, the Finnish consumer-packaging major. HPPL acquired 51% shareholding in India’s leading manufacturer of labels for the Pharmaceuticals sector - Webtech in 2012. In January 2015, HPPL acquired 100% of Positive Packaging India Ltd. .
Today, HPPL offers a wide portfolio of packaging solutions that include flexible packaging, including a variety of pouching solutions, labelling technologies, shrink sleeve solutions, specialized cartons, packaging machines, tube laminates, promotional, holographic and security solutions, cylinders and specialised films for high barrier. And all this supported by packaging machine expertise, to provide you with total packaging solutions. The proverbial ”One Stop Shop” in a true sense. We have a thriving International business, an area of high focus across our technology groups.
With fifteen state of the art, fully integrated manufacturing facilities at Ambernath, Bengaluru, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Khopoli, Navi Mumbai, Parwanoo, Rudrapur, Sikkim, Silvassa, Taloja, Thane; a highly skilled and experienced team, HPPL is capable of working with you from product inception to the super market and with complete control and confidentiality.
Today, we are proud that we matter to those, for whom packaging matters most. And this is reflected in our impressive client list that includes Britannia, Coca Cola, Ferrero, Glaxo Smithkline, Marico, Mondelez, Nestle, Pepsico, P&G, Unilever, etc
Through close collaborations with customers in developing innovative packaging solutions, we deliver truly meaningful brand experiences for your consumers. Our technical excellence and superior quality standards help our customers in improving aesthetics, increasing shelf life & handling transportation of their products. Our depth of packaging expertise and best-in-class solutions provide efficient solutions and help to deliver your brand objectives.
A high degree of our resources are committed towards competence in Quality Management, Hygiene and Safety programmes that ensure continuous success in meeting stringent global standards for manufacturing excellence. We are the first company in India to hold three important certifications, ISO-9001:2000; BRC-IoP; & HACCP.
It is appropriate to keep repeating our philosophy which has firmly been “it is people who face and overcome challenges. Their approach, Knowledge, commitment and actions are what finally delivers. An open , hands on culture, which involves and empowers, which believes in sharing and training, and inculcates pride in knowledge. All this is our philosophy. We need to continuously ensure that it is also our practice”.
- 1935 - Established in Lahore as The Paper Products Ltd (PPL)
- 1950 - PPL goes public and is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange
- 1960 - Flexible laminate Plant – I commissioned at Thane
- 1996 - Flexible laminate Plant – II commissioned at Silvassa
- 1998 - Flexible laminates & carton manufacturing Plant – III with takeover & extensive refurbishing of A&R Packaging at Hyderabad
- 1999 - PPL becomes a member of Huhtamaki Packaging Worldwide
- 2006 - Flexible laminate Plant – IV commissioned at Rudrapur
- 2007 - High end pouching solutions at Silvassa
- 2010 - New Thane plant – transformation into a world class facility
- 2012 - Further consolidation of No.1 position in labelling in India through acquisition of majority stake in Webtech, niche player in premium labels
- 2014 - Major capability and capacity expansion at Silvassa plant
- 2014 - The Paper Products Ltd is renamed as Huhtamaki PPL Limited (HPPL)
- 2015 - Positive Packaging becomes part of HPPL
Huhtamaki PPL Limited is the only flexible packaging company in India with a pan India presence. With fifteen state of the art, fully integrated manufacturing facilities at Thane, Silvassa, Hyderabad, Rudrapur, Navi Mumbai, Parwanoo, Khopoli, Taloja, Ambernath, Bengaluru, Guwahati, Sikkim and a highly skilled and experienced team, HPPL is capable of working with you with complete control and confidentiality from product inception to the super market.
We are fully capable of providing the right solutions for your product from ideation till it reaches the consumer in shortest possible lead time. The sales centres at Bengaluru (Karnataka), Kolkata (West Bengal), New Delhi (NCR) & Thane (Maharashtra) act as nodal points in ensuring customer centric approach and enabling customer delight.
From these bases, we provide globally acknowledged quality at your doorsteps across developed as well as emerging markets. Our state of the art Research & Development centres, one in Europe (Ronsberg) and two in India (Thane & Khopoli) collaborate closely with our customers to meet technological and research requirements.
Quality Systems Management at Huhtamaki PPL
All our major plants are certified for:
- ISO 9001 : 2008 – Laid down the foundation for a systems approach to manufacturing
- HACCP : Created new hygiene & safety standards comparable to the best in the world
- BRC IOP : Ensuring higher standards of manufacturing
- EMS & OHSAS : Our EMS (Environment Management System) & OHSAS (occupational health and safety Systems) certifications ensure highest level of environment & occupational health safety compliances
- Responsible sourcing : Our plants are SEDEX complaint
- US DMF certification : Our Silvassa and Hyderabad plants hold this certification, to meet our pharma customer’s requirements
Benchmarking the global packaging arena
Consolidating our position as India's most prominent packaging institution, we expanded our business into promising overseas markets with a view to benchmark ourselves with the global competition. We strongly believe in developing and sustaining long-term relationships with our business partners.
Huhtamaki-PPL Ltd has its International Business Division set up as a separate business group servicing large Multinational accounts across 4 continents and over 50 customers worldwide.
It has been through our high focus on quality and relentless pursuit of optimizing process that we have been able to offer our overseas customers with Quality products at very competitive pricing.
Our markets & customers
By working in close collaboration with customers to develop innovative packaging solutions, we deliver truly meaningful brand experiences for our consumers.
We have the expertise in base materials, process knowledge, conversion, and logistics within customer countries and we collaborate with our customers to make tailored solutions to their unique packaging needs.
We cater to a variety of market segments, from Food & Beverages to Personal care, Home care, Oral care, Pharma & Medical.
We are currently exporting to African countries, Middle East, South East Asia, Australia / Newzealand, North, Central & South America.
Some of our esteemed customers include:
- Colgate Palmolive
- The Coca-Cola Company
In a relatively short span of time we have become the packaging partner of choice across the globe. With our widest range of technologies in flexibles, labels and cartons, we provide you with a "One Stop Shop" experience.
Our purpose is to help great products reach more people, more easily.
It's important to us to do the right thing by each other and our customers. Wherever we work, our values guide our behavior every day.
- We treat our world with respect
- We care about each other, the environment, and the community
- We welcome diversity and recognize it as a source of innovation
- We encourage people to speak up, question, and develop new ideas
- We know our business
- We're committed to understanding our customers and consumers
- We value integrity and open communication
- We learn from everything we do
- We like to get it done
- We deliver on our promises
- We trust and empower individuals
- We thrive on our entrepreneurial spirit