Huhtamaki PPL Ltd
We discover, innovate and produce flexible packaging solutions for brands that are a part of everyday life all around the world.
A pioneer in packaging for more than 80 years
Huhtamaki PPL Ltd (HPPL), a leading consumer packaging company is known for its pioneering efforts in flexible packaging since 1935.
Huhtamaki PPL Ltd (HPPL) is India’s leading manufacturer of primary consumer packaging and labelling materials with annual consolidated Euro 300 million. It is the largest manufacturer in volume of finished flexible packaging in the larger Africa - India - Asia Pacific region excluding Japan.
In mid 1999 HPPL became a member of Huhtamaki Packaging Worldwide, the Finnish consumer-packaging major. HPPL acquired 51% shareholding in India’s leading manufacturer of labels for the Pharmaceuticals sector - Webtech in 2012. In January 2015, HPPL acquired 100% of Positive Packaging India Ltd. .
Today, HPPL offers a wide portfolio of packaging solutions that include flexible packaging, including a variety of pouching solutions, labelling technologies, shrink sleeve solutions, specialized cartons, packaging machines, tube laminates, promotional, holographic and security solutions, cylinders and specialised films for high barrier. And all this supported by packaging machine expertise, to provide you with total packaging solutions. The proverbial ”One Stop Shop” in a true sense. We have a thriving International business, an area of high focus across our technology groups.
With fifteen state of the art, fully integrated manufacturing facilities at Ambernath, Bengaluru, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Khopoli, Navi Mumbai, Parwanoo, Rudrapur, Sikkim, Silvassa, Taloja, Thane; a highly skilled and experienced team, HPPL is capable of working with you from product inception to the super market and with complete control and confidentiality.
Today, we are proud that we matter to those, for whom packaging matters most. And this is reflected in our impressive client list that includes Britannia, Coca Cola, Ferrero, Glaxo Smithkline, Marico, Mondelez, Nestle, Pepsico, P&G, Unilever, etc
Through close collaborations with customers in developing innovative packaging solutions, we deliver truly meaningful brand experiences for your consumers. Our technical excellence and superior quality standards help our customers in improving aesthetics, increasing shelf life & handling transportation of their products. Our depth of packaging expertise and best-in-class solutions provide efficient solutions and help to deliver your brand objectives.
A high degree of our resources are committed towards competence in Quality Management, Hygiene and Safety programmes that ensure continuous success in meeting stringent global standards for manufacturing excellence. We are the first company in India to hold three important certifications, ISO-9001:2000; BRC-IoP; & HACCP.
It is appropriate to keep repeating our philosophy which has firmly been “it is people who face and overcome challenges. Their approach, Knowledge, commitment and actions are what finally delivers. An open , hands on culture, which involves and empowers, which believes in sharing and training, and inculcates pride in knowledge. All this is our philosophy. We need to continuously ensure that it is also our practice”.
- 1935 - Established in Lahore as The Paper Products Ltd (PPL)
- 1950 - PPL goes public and is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange
- 1960 - Flexible laminate Plant – I commissioned at Thane
- 1996 - Flexible laminate Plant – II commissioned at Silvassa
- 1998 - Flexible laminates & carton manufacturing Plant – III with takeover & extensive refurbishing of A&R Packaging at Hyderabad
- 1999 - PPL becomes a member of Huhtamaki Packaging Worldwide
- 2006 - Flexible laminate Plant – IV commissioned at Rudrapur
- 2007 - High end pouching solutions at Silvassa
- 2010 - New Thane plant – transformation into a world class facility
- 2012 - Further consolidation of No.1 position in labelling in India through acquisition of majority stake in Webtech, niche player in premium labels
- 2014 - Major capability and capacity expansion at Silvassa plant
- 2014 - The Paper Products Ltd is renamed as Huhtamaki PPL Limited (HPPL)
- 2015 - Positive Packaging becomes part of HPPL
With 18 factories and 5 techno-commercial support offices spread across India, working long-term partners to our customers as we develop innovative and sustainable solutions and grow together.
We strive to do the right thing by delivering quality products, reliable service and respect for our World. The Quality, Hygiene and Safety standards of our offerings adhere to stringent global benchmarks for manufacturing excellence. We are the first company in India to hold three important certifications, ISO 9001:2015, BRC- Packaging, & HACPP and the only packaging company so far, to represent India on ISO’s global technical platform in the field of Plastics and Environment in 2018 and 2019.
Quality Systems Management at Huhtamaki India
All our major plants are certified for BRC Packaging, ISO 9001-2015, ISO 14001 : 2015 & OHSAS 18001 : 2007/ISO 45001:2018
• ISO 9001 : 2015 – Laid down the foundation for a systems approach to manufacturing.
• BRC Packaging : Providing the customer as well as end consumer a confidence regarding the highest level of hygiene and product safety.
• EMS & Safety Management System : Our EMS (Environment Management System) & Safety Management System certifications ensure highest level of environment & occupational health safety compliances.
• FSC : Our FSC (Forest Stewardship Council ) certifications ensure highest level of responsible behaviour when it comes to word based products including paper. Currently our Hyderabad , Khopoli and Bangalore plants are certified and others will follow
• Halal : Our Halal certifications demonstrates our commitment to meet country specific / customer specific requirement .
• Responsible sourcing : Our plants are SEDEX complaint along with few customer specific certification .
• US DMF certification : Our Silvassa, Hyderabad and Khopoli plants hold this certification, to meet our pharma customer’s requirements
Benchmarking the global packaging arena
Consolidating our position as India's most prominent packaging institution, we expanded our business into promising overseas markets with a view to benchmark ourselves with the global competition. We strongly believe in developing and sustaining long-term relationships with our business partners.
Huhtamaki-PPL Ltd has its International Business Division set up as a separate business group servicing large Multinational accounts across 4 continents and over 50 customers worldwide.
It has been through our high focus on quality and relentless pursuit of optimizing process that we have been able to offer our overseas customers with Quality products at very competitive pricing.
Our markets & customers
By working in close collaboration with customers to develop innovative packaging solutions, we deliver truly meaningful brand experiences for our consumers.
We have the expertise in base materials, process knowledge, conversion, and logistics within customer countries and we collaborate with our customers to make tailored solutions to their unique packaging needs.
We cater to a variety of market segments, from Food & Beverages to Personal care, Home care, Oral care, Pharma & Medical.
We are currently exporting to African countries, Middle East, South East Asia, Australia / Newzealand, North, Central & South America.
Some of our esteemed customers include:
- Colgate Palmolive
- The Coca-Cola Company
In a relatively short span of time we have become the packaging partner of choice across the globe. With our widest range of technologies in flexibles, labels and cartons, we provide you with a "One Stop Shop" experience.
We are grounded in our values
We care for each other, our customers, partners and communities. We care for the future of our planet embedding sustainability in everything we do.
We dare to innovate, grow and have an impact. We are a diverse and entrepreneurial team seeking new opportunities with our customers.
We commit and deliver solutions to our customers, with integrity and as a team. We are ambitious and strive for high performance.