Huhtamaki 2008 pro forma figures based on the new segment structure
As announced earlier, Huhtamäki Oyj adopted new segment structure for financial reporting as of January 1, 2009. The Interim Report for January 1 - March 31, 2009 will be according to the new structure. In the tables below quarterly figures for 2008 have been adjusted to match the new segments.
The reporting segments as of January 1, 2009 are:
Flexibles business is organized as a global segment. Flexibles are used for food and pet food packaging as well as non-food consumer packaging.
Films business is organized as a global segment. Films are mainly used for technical applications in the label, adhesive tape, hygiene and health care industries, as well as building and construction, automotive, packaging and graphic arts industries.
The segment includes the Rigid and Molded Fiber business in North America and Mexico. Rigid paper and plastic packaging, which serves ice-cream and other consumer goods as well as foodservice markets, is completed with Molded Fiber Chinet® disposable tableware products.
Rough Molded Fiber Global
The segment includes the Rough Molded Fiber business in Europe, Oceania, Africa and South America. Rough molded fiber is used to make fresh product packaging, such as egg and fruit packaging.
Foodservice paper and plastic disposable tableware is supplied to foodservice operators and fast food restaurants.
Rigid Consumer Goods Plastics
The segment includes the Rigid Consumer Goods Plastics business in Europe, Oceania and South America. Rigid plastic packaging serves the consumer goods markets with fresh food, dairy, ice cream and edible fats packaging.
Segment information is presented according to the IFRS standards. Items below EBIT - financial items and taxes - are not allocated to the segments.
1) Q4 2008 includes includes restructuring charges MEUR 1.7, goodwill impairment charges MEUR 7.4 and tangible asset impairment charges MEUR 8.8.
2) Q4 2008 includes restructuring charges MEUR 2.0 and tangible asset impairment charges MEUR 3.2.
3) Q4 2008 includes goodwill impairment charges MEUR 3.7.
4) Q4 2008 includes restructuring charges MEUR 3.3, goodwill impairment charges MEUR 7.1 and tangible asset impairment charges MEUR 4.1.
5) Q4 2008 includes restructuring charges MEUR 2.3, goodwill impairment charges MEUR 54.1 and tangible asset impairment charges MEUR 60.9, Q3 2008 includes restructuring charges MEUR 0.1, Q2 2008 includes restructuring charges MEUR 6.8.
6) Q4 2008 includes restructuring charges MEUR 9.3, goodwill impairment charges MEUR 72.3 and tangible asset impairment charges MEUR 77.0, Q3 2008 includes restructuring charges MEUR 0.1, Q2 2008 includes restructuring charges MEUR 6.8, total amount MEUR 165.5.
7) Net assets include the following balance sheet items: intangible and tangible assets, other non-current assets, inventories, trade and other current receivables
(excluding accrued interest income), other non-current liabilities and trade and other current liabilities (excluding accrued interest expense).
As net sales and EBIT of reportable segments form Groups' total net sales and EBIT, reconciliations to corresponding amounts are not presented.
For further information, please contact:
Mr. Timo Salonen, CFO, Tel. +358(0)10 686 7880