All the benefits of plastic and more
Innovation is only useful when it doesn’t inconvenience the consumer. This is why we’re proud to have created a product which is as functional as black plastic, but with many other benefits. It’s both microwave and oven safe up to 180°c, remains rigid when heated and is cooler to the touch than hot plastic.
Sustainable and from carbon positive forests
Our product is made from natural wood fibers which are sourced from certified and renewable forests. For every tree that we take out, three more are planted - which means it’s more than sustainable, it’s carbon positive.
Recyclable and certified for home composting
Unlike other products on the market, which are either non-recyclable, non-ovenable or non-compostable, Huhtamaki Fresh ready meal trays can be recycled and are also certified for home composting.
Unique to Huhtamaki
Huhtamaki Fresh uses a proprietary blend of fibers and was developed in partnership with Södra, as well as being part funded by the EU’s Horizon 2020 initiative for future innovation. Because of this, you can’t buy Huhtamaki Fresh from any other manufacturer.
Convenient for consumers
- Food safe
- Ovenable and microwaveable
- Cooler to the touch than plastic
- Maintains rigid when heated
- Natural aesthetics
Better for the environment
- Made from certified, sustainably grown renewable plant-based material
- The natural alternative to plastic
- Fiber-based and recyclable
- Home compostable
- Packaging for the circular economy
- Patented technology
- Proprietary blend
- High performance packaging
- Funded by the EU’s Horizon 2020 initiative
- In partnership with Södra
- open_in_new Information about the Fresh development project
Huhtamaki Fresh, the world’s 1st fiber-based ready meal tray, has won the own brand category of the Waitrose & Partners Sustainability Awards. Fresh is as functional as the black plastic alternative, but easier to recycle & certified for home composting.