Why invest in Huhtamaki
Our ambition is to be the first choice in sustainable food packaging.
1. Leveraging our unique value proposition
- Customer centricity: We have long-standing relationships with many of our customers who value us as a trusted and reliable partner, and appreciate our high quality product standards and strong product innovation.
- Global footprint: In addition to our solid base of assets in North America and Europe, we have an increasing presence in the fast-growing emerging markets. Our global manufacturing footprint and local market knowledge and service support our customers’ needs and growth agendas
- Multiple technologies: Our expertise in three core technologies provide us with the means to respond to our customers needs, whatever they might be
- Sustainability: Approximately 70% of our raw materials comes from a renewable source. Our fiber packaging portfolio is built on recycled content and we regularly launch new, sustainable solutions.
2. Our long-term ambition is to achieve 5+% annual organic growth
- All together about 70% of our business is in the fast-growing emerging markets, and in North America
- We have major brand owners with high growth agendas as customers: Large global customers account for approx. 30% of our net sales
- We have resources to follow our customers and expand geographically
- We have increased our focus on innovations and invest in expanding our product offering
3. We have proven financial and operational track record and resources to continue growing
- Net sales growth from EUR 2,236 million in 2014 to EUR 3,399 million in 2019 - EUR 1,653 million in M&A and capital expenditure for growth initiatives in 2014-2019
- EBIT growth from EUR 175 million in 2014 to EUR 293 million in 2019 – EBIT margin 7.8% in 2014, 8.6% in 2019.
- We have a strong financial position: Funds available for acquisitions are approx. EUR 400–500 million while keeping our Net debt / Adjusted EBITDA between the target range of 2-3 (2.0 at the end of December 2019)
- We target for stable and growing dividend: target payout ratio 40–50% of EPS (49% in 2018 and 47% in 2019)