Huhtamaki in brief
With 100 years of history and a solid Nordic heritage, today Huhtamaki is a key global player in food on-the-go and food on-the-shelf packaging solutions. Our business model is to convert raw materials into safe, convenient, and fit-for-purpose food packaging for consumers, thereby supporting food availability and at the same time reducing food waste. Huhtamaki operates in 38 countries and 114 operating locations around the world. Our 19,500 employees are working to deliver smart next generation packaging.
Our products offer consumers convenience, food safety, food availability and food waste reduction. We use three key technologies and packaging types: paperboard conversion for food packaging, molded fiber packaging and flexible packaging. Mastering three distinctive technologies that we split into three business segments, we develop and make packaging that helps great products reach more people.
Huhtamaki Group has its head office in Espoo, Finland and the parent company Huhtamäki Oyj is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd.
Why invest in Huhtamaki?
1. Leveraging our unique value proposition
- Customer centricity: We have long-standing relationships with many of our customers who value us as a trusted and reliable partner, and appreciate our high quality product standards and strong product innovation.
- Global footprint: In addition to our solid base of assets in North America and Europe, we have an increasing presence in the fast-growing emerging markets. Our global manufacturing footprint and local market knowledge and service support our customers’ needs and growth agendas
- Multiple technologies: Our expertise in three core technologies provide us with the means to respond to our customers needs, whatever they might be
- Sustainability: Approximately 70% of our raw materials comes from a renewable source. Our fiber packaging portfolio is built on recycled content and we regularly launch new, sustainable solutions.
2. Our long-term ambition is to achieve 5+% annual organic growth
- All together about 70% of our business is in the fast-growing emerging markets, and in North America
- We have major brand owners with high growth agendas as customers: Large global customers account for approx. 30% of our net sales
- We have resources to follow our customers and expand geographically
- We have increased our focus on innovations and invest in expanding our product offering
3. We have proven financial and operational track record and resources to continue growing
- Net sales growth from EUR 2,236 million in 2014 to EUR 3,575 million in 2021
- Adjusted EBIT growth from EUR 175 million in 2014 to EUR 315 million in 2021 – EBIT margin 7.8% in 2014, 8.8% in 2021.
- We have a strong financial position, we aim to keep our Net debt / Adjusted EBITDA in the ambition level of 2-3 (3.1 at the end of December 2021)
- Stable and growing dividend: our ambition is a payout ratio of 40–50% of EPS (45% in 2021 proposal and 47% in 2020)