Aligning with the UN Sustainable Development Goals
The UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) set out a holistic approach and areas of focus. We recognize their value ensuring a sustainable, resilient and inclusive future in which no one is left behind. In 2020 we reviewed our contribution to the SDGs and identified the areas within the 17 SDGs most relevant to what we do. This resulted in the alignment with three main goals and two supporting goals as a basis for our 2030 sustainability ambition.
Defining where we have the most impact in the Sustainable Development Goals
- By assessing the relevance and importance of the issue to our value chain and our stakeholders
- By identifying our potential to drive positive change and mitigate possible negative impacts together with our stakeholders across the value chain
- By outlining key actions which we can implement directly to make a difference and drive change.
Our three main Sustainable Development Goals
SDG 8: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
We continue to make safety and how we engage with our people to reach their full potential a top priority. We believe that providing a healthy and safe working environment, respecting human rights and maintaining a fair, diverse and inclusive workplace are instrumental in advancing sustainability throughout our value chain.
SDG 12: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
We support sustainable use of natural resources by:
- Developing safe resource-efficient products that enable wellbeing and convenience
- Designing these products to be recyclable, compostable or reusable
- Developing our processes to ensure responsible use of water and other natural resources.
SDG 13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
We have set ambitious science-based targets for emissions reductions and our ambition is to achieve carbon neutral production by 2030. We are committed to actively encourage our suppliers to also sign-up and set their targets accordingly. We believe that packaging that protects the product, reduces waste and enables efficient recycling will make a great contribution towards a sustainable future. It also will help to transition to a climate neutral society.
As part of our due diligence processes we also identify and evaluate climate change risks to the business and take appropriate mitigating and adaptive action.
SDG 6: Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
We focus on managing and mitigating our impacts on water resources in our water management plans. We safeguard water ecosystems especially in water stress areas.
SDG 15: Protect sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems and sustainably manage forests
We use certified fiber to promote biodiversity and best practices in sustainable forest management.