Global Human Rights Policy
At Huhtamaki, corporate responsibility is at the core of how we operate. This Policy reflects
Huhtamaki’s commitment to human rights as set forth in the United Nations International Bill of Human Rights, and taking into account the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. Our commitment extends beyond the work environment to the global communities where we live, work and serve. The company recognizes that our global operations are conducted amid a diversity of cultures and environments.
The company’s commitment to human rights is grounded in Huhtamaki values, which
are the foundation on which we conduct business. Our core values are: We treat our
world with respect; We know our business and We like to get it done. These values are
set forth in our Global Code of Conduct
We are committed to the following principles:
- The company treats employees, customers, suppliers and competitors with dignity and respect. The company does not tolerate any discrimination in employment based on an individual’s protected status. Regardless of personal characteristics, the company does not tolerate disrespectful or inappropriate behavior, unfair treatment or retaliation of any kind.
- The company is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from violence,
harassment, intimidation and other unsafe or disruptive conditions due to external or
- The company respects the rights of employees to form, join, or not join labor unions.
Where employees are represented by a legally recognized union, we are committed to establishing a constructive dialogue with their freely chosen representatives. The
company is committed to bargaining in good faith with such representatives.
- All company employees have the right to fair working conditions, competitive wages
and reasonable working hours in compliance with applicable local laws.
- Huhtamaki prohibits the hiring of individuals that are under 18 years of age for
positions in which hazardous work is required.
- The company prohibits the use of all forms of forced labor, including prison labor,
indentured labor, bonded labor, military labor, slave labor and any form of human
- Operations are conducted in a manner that protects the health and safety of company employees, contractors, and visitors. The company complies with all applicable safety and health laws, regulations and internal requirements. We are committed to engaging with our employees to continually improve health and safety in our workplaces, including the identification of hazards and remediation of health and safety issues.
- The company actively works to protect the environment and support our communities
in a manner that is environmentally responsible.
- Huhtamaki is committed to the highest standards of ethical and business conduct as it relates to the procurement of goods and services. Huhtamaki also encourages the
partners and suppliers in our worldwide supply chain to adopt and enforce concepts
similar to those in this policy, through implementation of the Huhtamaki Supplier Code of Conduct.
- Huhtamaki contributes to the well-being of the communities in which we live, work,
and serve, through our support of charitable causes.
The company is dedicated to integrity in all we do and to compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. This policy is implemented in accordance with the applicable legal and regulatory requirements of the countries in which the company operates.
Employees who believe there may have been a violation of this policy or applicable law should report it through established channels, including to their manager, Global Compliance, Global Human Resources, or the Ethics Hotline. Huhtamaki does not tolerate retaliatory action against anyone who comes forward to raise genuine concerns about possible violations of this policy. Huhtamaki will periodically review this policy to determine whether revisions are appropriate. Revisions will be promptly published on the company's website.
Date issued: February 27, 2018